AfriKelp LG-1. helps plants produce their own hormones resulting into more roots, a stronger and healthier plant that can take up more available nutrients and defend itself better against biotic and abiotic stress factors.
Farmers can easily reduce flower and fruit drop in their crops and get more out of their farms with the naturally occurring bio-stimulant- AfriKelp LG-1 which enhances root development, increases number of flowers, reduces flower and fruit drop and increases size of fruits leading to increased crop yieds.
The natural stimulant and soil improver is a liquid seaweed concentrate extracted from the freshly harvested South African giant brown seaweed-Ecklonia maxima. It is predominantly the plant hormone auxin though in a ratio of high auxin and low cytokinin levels that stimulate the growth of crops.
When auxin is applied exogenously to the plant leaves, it is transported and distributed down to the root tips and causes the roots to grow. In the root meristem, the plant produces cytokinins which are transported upwards and initiate corresponding shoot growth.
Generally, AfriKelp LG-1 helps plants produce their own hormones resulting into more roots, a stronger and healthier plant that can take up more available nutrients and defend itself better against biotic and abiotic stress factors, resulting in higher yield and quality crops.
READ ALSO: Safe and Effective Use of Pesticides
In Kenya AfriKelp LG-1 is a brand product for Cooper K-Brands (CKL) Ltd which is the leading animal health company in Eastern Africa. CKL is a principal supplier of tried, tested and trusted brands in animal health and crop farming sectors, all developed with the key objectives of increasing production and productivity on the farms. They have countrywide distributor system and presence in Tanzania, Uganda, Burundi and Rwanda according to Mr. Hiram Ndung’u, Cooper K-Brands agronomist.
“We ensure our products including AfriKelp LG-1 are readily available throughout the greater East Africa region conveniently and cost-efficiently,” said Ndung’u during this year’s Nairobi International Trade Fair.
According to Ndung’u, the natural growth stimulant for green plants has got a number of benefits that include:
- Making the plant retain leaves for a longer period, reduce flower/fruit drop and increase fruit size,
- Apart from enhancing germination, it increases root development, absorption and higher efficiency in the use of nutrients and ground water,
- Increasing growth rate which results in better crop establishment, many greener leaves, more branches and more bearing points,
- Giving more resources to plant to survive on in stress conditions and high pests and disease resistance,
- Prolonging shelf life of tomatoes, French beans, and other vegetables,
- Increasing yield quality and quantity hence high farm profitability.
Farmers are further advised to use 40ml of AfriKelp LG-1 mixed with 20l of water when drenching and 20ml with 20l of water in foliar spraying.
Hiram Ngung'u can be reached on 0729227119